At Southern Road Primary School, we believe that a school uniform is important because it:
- Contributes to a sense of belonging and community
- Looks smart
- Gives a common purpose
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
We ask that all children wear the uniform and encourage them to maintain a good standard of clean and tidy dress in school.
Southern Road Primary School Uniform
We expect all children to wear school uniform which consists of:
- A white shirt / blouse
- Grey / black trousers
- Grey or black skirt or dress, or blue checked summer dress
- A royal blue jumper, fleece or sweatshirt with the school badge on it
- Black trainers or shoes only
- Head scarves if worn for religious reasons should be black, white or school blue in colour.
Southern Road PE Kit
We expect all children to wear the PE kit which consists of:
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms
- Plain white PE T-shirt
- Black plimsolls or trainers
Please ensure that all articles of clothing are clearly labelled with the child’s name especially school sweat shirts and coats as it does make returning lost property much easier.
Any jewellery (apart from stud earrings) should not be worn, unless this is for religious reasons.
In the interests of safety children are not encouraged to wear jewellery for school particularly large earrings, which can be very dangerous in any play situation. As children are not allowed to wear jewellery in PE it may be best if all jewellery is left at home on the days that these activities take place. The school can accept no responsibility for any items of jewellery, which are lost at school.
Buy School book bag and school PE bags using parent mail.
Uniform with the school logo can be purchased from the following place: