The school serves a diverse multi-cultural and multi-faith community and there are some thirty different languages represented within our pupil population.
The school is housed in two modern buildings, each with its own dining area and hall. In addition to classrooms Southern Road has an art room, a library and a sensory room.
The Ethos and Values of our School:
- To equip all learners with the necessary skills needed to develop their
own interests / personal choices and challenges.
- To provide a fun, safe environment where all learners feel valued. Where
they can share their successes and failures without fear.
- To embrace and celebrate diversity and promote cohesion between and
within the communities of our school.
At Southern Road we:
- Create a stimulating and attractive environment, which supports learning.
- Provide access to a broad, balanced curriculum, which offers pace, challenge, continuity, and progression.
- Encourage pupils in their learning through active participation, differentiated teaching, effective assessment, feedback and target setting.
- Extend pupils fully by encouraging perseverance and aiming for maximum success in all things.
- Support pupils in developing a sense of right and wrong through example and a school code of conduct.
- Celebrate pupil’s success and share it within the school and the wider
- Ensure equality of opportunity underpins everything we do. Develop a sense of community where all pupils, parents, staff and others feel valued and respected.
We actively encourage and we keep a record of parent helpers. If you would like to get involved please speak to Ms Yearnshire or a member of staff in the main office.
We provide a termly programme of extra-curricular activities for pupils both at lunchtime and after school, please see the ‘After school clubs‘ section of our website.
Information about the current term’s events is published in the “Compass” our school newsletter, which is sent to parent/carers at the end of every week.
Times of Day
Please note (with the exception of Nursery) all classroom doors are now opened daily at 8.40am
|Nursery||8:45am – 11:45am||12:20pm – 3:20pm|
|Key Stage 1||8:45am||3:00pm|
|Key Stage 2||8.45am||3:00pm|
Bringing and collecting children
- Nursery—Children should be brought to and collected from their own classroom doors.
- Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 – Children should be brought to and collected from their respective classroom doors at the beginning and end of the day.
- Please make every effort to collect your child on time.
- If for any reason you are unavoidably delayed please try to make contact with us so that we can reassure your child. Children who are not collected at the end of the school day wait in the school’s reception area, which is adjacent to the main school office for their parents to arrive.