Southern Road Primary School is a large primary school of nearly 700 pupils, which also includes a 120 part-time place nursery. The school serves a diverse multi-cultural and multi-faith community. We are proud that around 30 different languages are spoken by our pupils, their families and our staff.
The school is housed in two modern buildings, each with its own dining area and hall. Southern Road also has an art room, a library and a sensory room.
The ethos and values of our school:
- To equip all learners with the skills to develop their own interests, personal choices and challenges.
- To provide a fun, safe environment where all learners feel valued, and where they can share their successes and failures without fear.
- To embrace and celebrate diversity and promote cohesion within the communities of our school.
At Southern Road we:
- Create a stimulating and attractive environment that supports learning.
- Stretch pupils fully by encouraging perseverance and aiming for maximum success in all things.
- Support pupils in developing a sense of right and wrong through example and a school code of conduct.
- Develop a sense of community where all pupils, parents, staff and others feel valued and respected.
- Celebrate pupil’s success and share it within the school and the wider community.
- Ensure equality of opportunity underpins everything we do.